With RetroArch, you have the possibility to define specific actions on the buttons of your controller by modifying the ones defined by default.
- Launch a game with a Libretro emulator.
- Go to the RetroArch menu by pressing
- Go to
Port 1 Keys.
- You can reconfigure the keys here. Remember to have a keyboard handy, because at some point it might get stuck, and you'll have to finish with a keyboard (
W to validate and
X to go back).
- Press ``Back'' once and you have the choice to save:
- "Save mapping for core": use this option if you want to save the configuration for all the core currently running the game.
- "Save mapping for folder": use this option if you want to save the configuration for the whole emulator folder.
- Save mapping for the game": use this option if you want to save the configuration for this game only.
All remap files are located in
/recalbox/share/system/.config/retroarch/config/remaps/ and will have the extension